The Automation Engineer will design, develop, and qualify all tooling and processes to meet the Company’s quality and production standards. In addition, the incumbent will document all processes and tooling, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements, and customer requirements.
- Work with vendors to develop, set up/debug automation processes
- Provide timely feedback and solve the problem to ensure the progress of the project
- Responsible for the electrical design of automatic modification of our current machine, responsible for the electrical design of automatized machine improvement
- Design about the machine layout which should cooperate with the mechanical engineer and software engineer
- Provide automatic control equipment programming according to the production needs;
- Provide digital solution to implement site digital factory projects to improve process control real time
- Problem identification and trouble-shooting a wide range of complex electrical problems for automation line
- Responsible for the following of outsourcing parts, solve the parts problem of machine
- Responsible for build assemble work instruction, manual, and training of assembler, operator and maintenance of the machine
- Line maintenance/change over together with/guiding the technicians to make sure automation machine run smoothly
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Engineering, preferably Electronic, Electrical, or Industrial Automation
- Must be familiar with electrical control theory and design
- 5+ years of experience with automated machines maintenance and electrical design
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Familiar with the product develop procedure, know the input and output of different design stage.
- Experience specifying, programming, & trouble shooting for control systems
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good interpersonal skills, and solid project management skills
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Engineer (Manufacturing)
The Process Engineer is responsible for supporting engineering, quality and manufacturing to effectively translate new product requirements and processes to the manufacturing floor. This position is also responsible for identifying, developing and delivering improvement solutions for existing product while maintaining or improving quality standards.
Meritec is seeking talented team players in our Painesville, Ohio facility who are committed to pushing the boundaries of interconnect technology performance and innovation. Join us and connect your career to the future.
The Process Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting engineering, quality and manufacturing to effectively translate new product requirements and processes to the manufacturing floor. This position is also responsible for identifying, developing and delivering improvement solutions for existing product while maintaining or improving quality standards.
- Review customer drawings, specifications and requirements to ensure manufacturability of developed items and optimization of production processes.
- Partner with the design review team to develop processes for prototypes and further scale it to production requirements.
- Establish sampling plans and test methodologies/requirements for new product development with QA.
- Establish manufacturing routings and labor standards for new products and update existing routings as needed to accurately represent the actual manufacturing process.
- Aid in the new product development process by assisting engineering and quality with Process Flow
- Diagrams, PFMEAs, Control Plans and associated documentation to ensure proper translation of requirements to the manufacturing floor.
- Design and develop processes and work instructions to optimize efficient process flow and reduce process and/or product variability and improve process capability.
- Drive continuous improvements by developing and implementing systems and process improvements that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process. Share lessons learned proactively and train other engineers on process improvements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial/mechanical engineering, electrical engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of prior applicable experience
- Experience with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) and eagerness to learn new software
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to interpret customer drawings, specifications, models (CAD), and layout reports
- Manufacturing automation and/or PLC programming abilities/knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to interact with all company functions including Engineering, Quality and Production
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and procedures to all levels within the organization, from employees on the shop floor to peers on cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated, innovative, creative, and resourceful
- Healthcare benefits effective day-one of full-time employment
- Fully paid life insurance effective day-one of full-time employment
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- 401(k) employer match 100% vested at 3 months
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Positive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please use the link below to apply.